Digital Catapult provides this information to help you understand how we collect, use and share your information when you visit the thing connected platform.
Some parts of this platform allow you to give us personal information. When you visit the platform or communicate with us, we’ll use the information you provide in the ways you’d reasonably expect us to – for example, service delivery or improvement or our offering. Where you have choices about how we use the information you provide, we’ll tell you so at the point of collection.
• We collect personal data that you send us by email and/or when you fill in online forms.
• We collect data about your computer, such as your IP address, operating system and web browser, and the pages that you visit (this is about your browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you).
• We will only use your personal data to contact you in response to a request by you or to provide information that we think you may want.
• We will inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use it for marketing purposes. At any time you can ask us not to process your personal data for such purposes by contacting us at email@example.com
• You can access your data under The Data Protection Act 1998.
• The data we collect from you may be stored and processed outside the European Economic Area.
Firstly - what is a cookie?
Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. Your browser is the computer program you use to access the internet. By default, your browser will only allow a website to access the cookies it’s already sent to you, and not the cookies sent to you by any other website. This is to protect your privacy.
Due to the way this website operates, we may also use information from your browser or browsing activities to personalize the site or route you to relevant information. For example, we may use web-log information, cookies or web beacons in ways that help us maintain some of your site preferences, send you to the right specific information or understand how our visitors navigate the site so we can make it better. You can choose whether or not to allow cookies or web beacons using your browser preferences.
The Digital Catapult uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate your use of the site.
Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using the site, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
How to reject or delete this cookie: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html
• We cannot guarantee the security of your data whilst in transmission to our site.
From time to time, we may need to update this statement because of a change in the website’s functionality or in applicable laws. When we do so, we’ll note on the website that the policy has been changed. Changes will go into effect 30 days after we post the new policy.